Windows is a very user-friendly operating system. It gives you complete control over the language you want to type in by allowing you to quickly change your keyboard language. In just a few steps, you’ll know how to change your keyboard language in Windows.
You may also setup many keyboards at the same time in case you choose a keyboard that you don’t need anymore. You may even type unusual characters that aren’t found in the English language into Windows.
Steps On How To Change your Keyboard Language in Windows
- To access the Start menu, click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings icon after it has opened. It’s on the left-most bar of the Programs menu and looks like a gear.
- Click on Time & Language.
- The Time & Language tab will open a new window with a navigation pane on the left side of your screen.
- Then go to Language. On the tab, it is the third option.
- Scroll down on the Language tab when it opens. You will come across a section titled Preferred Languages.
- Click on the plus icon next to where it says Add a Language.
- On the list of languages, you can either scroll down until you find your preferred language or type your language in the search box at the top.
- After you have found your preferred language, click on it.
- Then click on the option that says Next on the bottom left of the new window that opens up. Windows will then ask you if you wish to install the language.
- Click on Install to do so. You will also get an option to set the language as the default Windows option. Click the checkbox next to it, and the language will replace English and be set as default.
Regardless of whether you select the option, clicking Install will download the language to your desktop. It’s possible that the download will take a few seconds. A language control button will show on your taskbar once the language has been installed. It will appear as a little symbol in the lower right corner of the screen. Toggle between your downloaded languages by clicking on it. You may always use the language control button to return to English.